This site is a resource for elderly South Carolinians and the people who care for them.
The South Carolina Department on Aging oversees a statewide network of 10 regional Area Agencies on Aging (AAA). Information and Referral Specialists at each location are trained to assist you, to help you figure out exactly what you need, and to refer you to appropriate service providers in your area.
If you need help and you don't know where to start, call your local AAA and someone will help you. You can find your local AAA by entering your zip code in the "Prefer to call?" box on this page. If you have already entered your zip code on this site, it should already be populated with your local organization.
Your Online Toolkit
This website is a hub for many tools that caregivers, seniors, and adults with disabilities can use to find help.
Our service guides give a general overview of common issues that come up when caring for a loved one, like assisted living, transportation, and insurance.
Search our database for an extensive listing of service providers in South Carolina, including both private companies and government-run services, for needs related to aging and adults with disabilities. Use our search tool plus your zip code to find providers in your area.
Don't know exactly what you need? Try browsing by category to find out what's available.
If you have called your local Area Agency on Aging and you haven't been able to find help, please let us know.
Our bed locator is a real-time database showing available beds in assisted living facilities throughout the state.
Here are some common scenarios and related searches you can try. If you want to browse all available services, try browsing by category.
Has your loved one recently fallen or had an accident?
- I want someplace for him to go during the day while I'm at work (search: day care)
- I want someone to help with bathing, feeding, and dressing (search: home health care)
- I want someone to modify her home to make it safe (search: home modifications)
- I want a device he can wear to call in an emergency (search: personal emergency response system)
Is your loved one lonely?
- I want someone to call daily and check on my mother (search: telephone reassurance)
- I want someone to keep my father company during the day (search: companion)
- I want a place that has activities and social opportunities for my mom (search: senior center)